LinkedIn has just relaunced a totally re-designed CardMunch iOS app which aims to ‘reinvent business cards’ by digitizing them completely. According to The LinkedIn Blog, millions of business cards have already been developed using the LinkedIn profiles and now with CardMunch 3.0, the task gets even better. CardMunch has an all new UI with an enhanced visual experience. The app promises to connect the physical world of business cards with the digital world of LinkedIn profiles with a much improved card capture experience.
Announcement via the official blog:
Today, we’ve taken a giant leap forward to reinventing business cards with a complete relaunch of the LinkedIn’s CardMunch iPhone app with a brand new mobile experience for professionals on LinkedIn.
As LinkedIn Mobile has grown 400% year-over-year in page views, we are continuously looking for ways to bring value to professionals and we’ve done this with the new CardMunch app. We’ve rebuilt the entire CardMunch experience from the ground up with powerful new features to make professionals smarter and more efficient, while on the road.
Here is what’s new in CardMunch 3.0 via iTunes:
Introducing CardMunch 3.0 by LinkedIn – the app that turns your business cards into contacts, now with LinkedIn integration. Easily see LinkedIn profile information for your new contacts — and connect with them in a single click.
– Features –
* Convert business cards to address book contacts, and then add them as connections on LinkedIn.
* View relevant LinkedIn profile info, connections in common, work history, and more, for the cards you scan.
* Improved card capture experience for faster and easier card scanning.
* Manual transcription ensures high accuracy for scanned cards.
* Newly revamped user interface and visual experience
You can grab the app for free via the following link: