Twitter to Live Stream 2020 WNBA Games in Canada
As part of an extension of their partnership for the fourth consecutive year, the WNBA and Twitter have today announced the schedule of 10 live regular-season WNBA games which will be streamed on Twitter across Canada during the 2020 season.
These live streams will be exclusive to Twitter and include integration of Twitter content within the digital broadcast, allowing for direct fan interaction with the commentators. In addition to live games, Twitter will also run WNBA highlights and features throughout the season.
“Twitter continues to be an integral part of the WNBA’s media landscape and providing innovation on their platform during this unique season will elevate fan engagement to a whole new level,” said WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert.
“WNBA fans on Twitter are passionate about their hoops – and these hyper-engaged fans continue to fuel an increased popularity of the league,” said TJ Adeshola, Head of Sports Partnerships, Twitter. “The W has been a top sports partner of ours for many years and we’re pumped to offer live WNBA games, with a Twitter twist, to basketball fans across the globe.”
Twitter’s schedule begins Wednesday, Aug. 12, when Sue Bird, Breanna Stewart and the Seattle Storm take on Elizabeth Williams, Chennedy Carter and the Atlanta Dream at 10 p.m. ET.
Below is the full 2020 WNBA schedule of live games on Twitter in Canada:
- Wednesday, Aug. 12 : Atlanta Dream at Seattle Storm, 10pm/et
- Friday, Aug. 14 : Connecticut Sun at Chicago Sky, 7pm/et
- Wednesday, Aug. 19 : Phoenix Mercury at Los Angeles Sparks, 10pm/et
- Friday, Aug. 21 : Los Angeles Sparks at Atlanta Dream, 7pm/et
- Sunday, Aug. 23 : Atlanta Dream at Minnesota Lynx, 4pm/et
- Sunday, Aug. 30: Connecticut Sun at Washington Mystics, 4pm/et
- Thursday, Sept. 3 : Las Vegas Aces at Connecticut Sun, 8pm/et
- Friday, Sept. 4 : Chicago Sky at Washington Mystics, 7pm/et
- Saturday, Sept. 5 : New York Liberty at Phoenix Mercury, 8pm/et
- Sunday, Sept. 6: Dallas Wings at Washington Mystics, 4pm/et