McDonald’s Canada has announced it will relaunch take-out service at select restaurants with safety measures to protect against COVID-19.
The relaunch will begin first at 30 locations then gradually expand, allowing customers to enter restaurants to order and pick up take-out. Dining rooms and Play Places will still be closed.
Each restaurant will have specific entrances and exits, clearly marked with social distancing measures both inside and out. Every second register will be used and protective screens in place. All high-touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized frequently (including washrooms), while drink refills and reusable mugs will be on hold still, along with condiment stations.
“To keep our guests and hardworking employees safe, we’re approaching every stage of this transition gradually, beginning with enhanced safeguards in a small group of restaurants that we will test and learn from,” said Doug Fry, Senior Director, National Operations, McDonald’s Canada, in a statement. “We will continue to take the lead from all levels of government and local health authorities as we monitor and adapt what’s necessary in these test restaurants.”
There will only be a limited number of customers allowed inside restaurants based on the location’s size. Employees will have disposable, non-medical masks and gloves, while hand washing and wellness checks will take place at the beginning of shifts.
McDonald’s, like most restaurants, shut down indoor seating and service during mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the reopening of take-out, it rejoins Drive-Thru, McDelivery and Curbside Service. Apple customers should order ahead using the McDonald’s mobile app, as it recently added in-app support for Apple Pay for mobile orders.
Update: McDonald’s Canada let us know the list of 30 locations open today, and more coming soon:
Restaurants open for take-out service as of May 14th at 11 a.m. EST:
- 153 Walden Gate SE, Calgary, AB
- Suite 300 – 6702 Golden West Ave, Red Deer, AB
- 1100 Table Mountain Street, Pincher Creek, AB
- 6809 Hwy. 16A West, Vegreville, AB
- 2391 West 4TH Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- 1610 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC
- 9989 Bayview, Richmond Hill, ON
- 1280 Markham Rd, Scarborough, ON
- 3202 Preston Avenue South, Saskatoon, SK
- 924 Yankee Valley Road SE, Airdrie, AB
- 211-275 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC
- 217 Mystery Lake Road, Thompson, MB
- 1475 Regent Avenue West, Winnipeg, MB
- 808 York Mills Road, North York, ON
- 670 Bronson Avenue, Ottawa, ON
- 3305 Sheppard Avenue East, Scarborough, ON
- 1100 King St. West, Toronto, ON
- 4910 Gordon Road, Regina, SK
- 500 Welland Avenue, St Catharine’s, ON
- 710 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto, ON
- 196 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON
- 10 The Queensway, Toronto, ON
- 180 rang du Moulin Rouge, Saint-Leonard-D’Aston, QC
Throughout the month of May, the following locations will re-open for take-out service:
- 15574 Fraser Highway, Surrey, BC
- 10565 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON
- 6650 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle, Mississauga, ON
- 3150 St. Clair East, Scarborough, ON
- 150 McNaughton Road East, Vaughan, ON
- 3751 Chuka Blvd., Regina, SK
- 130 Stonegate, 920 Centennial Blvd., Warman, SK