Microsoft has finally announced support for the most highly requested calendaring features to Outlook for iOS, adding the ability to sync shared calendars to the iPhone, as well as manage and RSVP to recurring events. “A big part of our prioritization of new features and enhancements comes from the votes and feedback we receive from you on Outlook UserVoice”, notes Microsoft on its official blog.
Below is a quick run down of new calendar features on Outlook for iOS:
Sync shared calendars to Outlook
You will now be able to view and edit shared Office 365 or Outlook.com calendars, just like you can with your own calendars. Better yet, you can also share your own calendars with others and accept sharing invitations easily right from the app.
Microsoft says that if you don’t see your shared calendars right now, don’t worry, as the company is still in the process of upgrading existing shared calendars so that they start syncing to Outlook.
Manage delegate calendars on the go
You can now manage your delegates, accept a delegation request, and fully view and edit the delegated calendar all from Outlook on iOS. Meeting invitations and responses will now also be more clearly indicated if they are for your or your manager’s calendar.
Get your Meetups added directly to your calendar
Microsoft is also adding support for Meetup, its new Calendar app, in Outlook for iOS. Now, when you connect your Meetup account to Outlook, you can see your upcoming Meetups directly on your calendar.
Other enhancements and features in the updated Outlook app for iOS include the following:
- Create events with daily, weekly, monthly or yearly recurrences.
- RSVP to a single occurrence of a recurring event series (e.g. decline one instance without removing the entire series from your calendar).
- See your coworkers’ availability when scheduling meetings
- Add a message when responding to a meeting invite
- Set an event as private, to keep the details to yourself when sharing your calendar.
- Mark your calendar events as Busy, Free, Out of Office, or Tentative.
You can grab the latest version using the following App Store link.