San Francisco-based Plastiq has recently announced the launch of a new iPhone app in the U.S. and Canada, that eliminates every hassle of paying bills with your favourite credit and debit cards, a startup created by two Canadian Harvard graduates.
Simply snap a photo or screenshot of any invoice or e-bill and you will be automatically reminded when it’s due, allowing you to pay in seconds with your favourite card. In the U.S., Plastiq will charge a fee of 1% for debit cards and 2.5% for credit cards.
Plastic’s new app handles the entire bill payment process, from the moment a bill is received via mail or email all the way through to notifications of payment delivery. “No one likes paying bills. People forget to pay them on time, and last year Americans still sent tens of billions of checks in the mail,” said Eliot Buchanan, Canadian co-founder and CEO of Plastiq (with the other being partner Daniel Choi).
From a single picture, Plastiq will identify the biller, their preferred means of receiving payments (check or bank transfer), the amount due, and the payment due date. Payments are charged to your preferred credit or debit card, even if the biller doesn’t usually take cards.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in processed payments
- Works for bills or invoices from any business located in United States or Canada
- Supports both electronic and printed bills or invoices
- Works especially well for tuition, utilities, insurance, mortgage/rent
- All MasterCard, Visa, and American Express cards supported
- Fees will apply on payment
- No limits on payment size
- Simple bill addition via camera or screenshot
- Automatic digitization of important bill details from photo
- Due-date reminders via push notifications
- Schedule payments
- Easy payments from credit or debit card, even if the business doesn’t accept cards
- Manage all your bills from one place
You can grab the free app at the following App Store link:
Download Plastiq for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [Direct Link]