Sony Details Which PS4 Controllers, Accessories Will Work With PlayStation 5
Sony announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season at its Future of Gaming digital event back in June. However, the company did not give out any info regarding if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals will work with its next-gen system.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation)
Today, Sony has published a brief FAQ addressing these questions, revealing which PS4 controllers and accessories will work on PS5.
Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?
- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
- The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5.
Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?
- No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.
Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?
- Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users.
More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.