Product Review: Konnet PowerV Duo
Tech nerds, like myself, have so many devices and gadgets that need charing nowadays, it’s getting ridiculous. I have so many chargers, docks, and cables around my house, and I’m always on the look out for a new way to minimize all out that and combine as many of them as I can.
Konnet has come out with a great new charging station, called the PowerV Duo. It is primarily a Nintendo Wii Controller charger, but it also features 2 USB ports to charge any type of device that charges via USB, including the iPhone/iPod. It is an induction charger for the Wii controllers, meaning there is no contact point needed to charge. Charging works right through the silicon jackets! Simply just place the controller in the cradle and it starts charging. You have to use the compatible battery packs for the controllers, which are included. It also comes with a Nintendo DS/DSi cable, for charging via the USB ports. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with the iPad.
The PowerV DUO is the ultimate and only Nintendo charging station! It can charge and store up to 2 Wii remote controllers using advanced induction technology AND charge up to 2 Nintendo DS Lite/DSi/DSi LL (using the supplied USB cable), iPod, iPhone, and other mobile devices that uses a USB.
- Advanced induction technology will charge up to 2 Wii controllers simultaneously
- Fully compatible with the Wii MotionPlusâ„¢ and silicone covers
- Intelligent protection technology will monitor the power to prevent over charging and short circuiting
- Includes 2 rechargeable induction batteries, a USB to DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL charging cable and an AC adaptor
- Eliminate clutter by storing the controllers in style
- Suggested Retail Price: $34.99 USD, $44.99 CDN
- Where to Buy: KONNETâ€™s K-Store:Â http://www.konnetonline.com/kstore.html, general electronic or lifestyle retailers like Fryâ€™s Electronics in USA, The Source by Circuit City in Canada, and the major online retailers like Amazon.com, Micro Center, Walmart.com, TigerDirect, Buy.com and New Egg, etc.
I’ve been using this charger for almost a week now, and it works pretty great. My 6 year old is the one who uses the Wii the most, and this charger is easy for her to use. My wife and I are always fighting over the charger, next to the couch. This charging station has 2 USB ports, so we can both charge our iPhones at the same time.
I did run into one issue, where charging a Nintendo DS and an iPhone at the same time, via the USB ports, occasionally made the charger incompatible with my iPhone. This was pretty random, as I couldn’t recreate the issue all the time. Just a minor inconvenience, as turning off the station and turning it back on seemed solve the issue, each time.
All in all, this is a great charging solution for multiple devices.