Roam Mobility Announces Low Price Roaming Plans For Canadians Travelling To Mexico
Today, Roam Mobility announced new plans for Canadians travelling to Mexico in an effort to expand their existing their coverage beyond Canada and the U.S.
The carrier’s new 7-day plans are priced as follows:
– 50 talk minutes, 50 sent texts, and 50MB of data for $25
– 125 talk minutes, 125 sent texts, and 125MB of data for $50
– 200 talk minutes, 200 sent texts, and 200MB of data for $125
In comparison here are the prices for available travel plans to Mexico from Telus, Bell, and Rogers.
– 50 minutes of talk, 50 outgoing texts, and 50MB of data for $40.
– 150 minutes of talk, 150 outgoing texts, and 150MB of data for $65.
– 300 minutes of talk, unlimited outgoing texts, and 300MB of data for $100.
– $2 per minute of talk, $0.75 per outgoing text, and $8 per MB of data (Pay-per-use)
– $3 per minute of talk, $0.75 per outgoing text, and $9.99 per MB of data (Pay-per-use)
Roam Mobility is offering users access to 4G data speeds and the SIM card costs $9.95. In comparison, Rogers, Bell, and Telus are only offering 2G and 3G data speeds for a much greater cost.
CEO of Roam Mobility Emir Aboulhosn said:
“Mexico is a very popular travel destination among Canadian travellers, second only to the US, so making affordable talk, text, and data available in this region was a priority for us. We’re excited to offer coverage in time for the Christmas holidays and spring break—two of the busiest times of the year for travel to Mexico.”
The company also announced new expanded roaming coverage in the U.S., for those travelling through Alaska, Michigan, Maine, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wyoming, Kansas, West Virginia, and Eastern Washington State, as it appears the carrier has signed on with a new partner to supplement its T-Mobile-based network.
The new plans from Roam Mobility will be available starting on December 10 and on December 17 customers will be able to purchase add-ons to supplement the travel plan they choose.