Today, Rogers Communications launched a new tool in New Brunswick called Rogers EnRoute which allows customers to track their technician’s arrival on their phone.
Customers can easy locate and be notified of their technician’s arrival for an installation or even for a service call. In a statement, Rogers Chief Customer Officer Deepak Khandelwal said:
“No one likes to sit around waiting for their technician to arrive. We know our customers are busy and their time is valuable, so now they can track a technician’s ETA right on their phone. It’s just one more way we’re putting people in control to get help how they want.”
Here’s how it works:
- Book a residential installation or service appointment online through Facebook, Twitter, Chat or by calling customer support.
- Once the appointment is booked, the customer is given a service window with a unique URL sent by email or text.
- On the day of the appointment, a reminder notification is sent to the customer, along with an updated ETA.
- Once the technician is on the way, customers get real-time updates by checking a map to see the technician’s exact whereabouts.
- The link displays the technician’s first name, photo and estimated number of minutes until arrival.
In the announcement, Rogers said that they receive more than 260,000 calls from customers asking when their technician is coming. The new service not only allows customers to quickly get information, it also allows less customer service operators to be occupied.