Rogers’ shomi Streaming Service Turns One Year Old
Rogers’ and Shaw’s streaming service shomi celebrated the first anniversary of its national debut on August 20. To celebrate the milestone, Rogers and Shaw have released statistics showing how well the streaming service has done in the first year of operation across Canada.
– 17,698 – The total number of episodes available to stream. That’s a lot of seasons!
– 118 – The total number of series on shomi that you won’t find on any other streaming service in Canada
– 143M+ – The total number of video plays
– February 15 (Family Day in AB, SK, ON) – The top viewing holiday. Guess families that stream together, stay together, right? This binge-worthy day is followed by Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
– 9 p.m.-11 p.m. – Peak consumption hours
– 12K – The number of video views shomi’s most active member has streamed. You go, girl!
– 15% – The percentage by which Sunday viewing is higher than the weekly average
– 30 – The number of days new members get shomi for free!
The numbers above were released in a blog post today, alongside some other fun facts:
– Top 10 most popular series: Sons of Anarchy, Modern Family, 2 Broke Girls, Fresh Off the Boat, Vikings, Jane the Virgin, Empire, American Horror Story, Mr. Robot, New Girl
– Top 5 most popular movies: The Gift, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Hop, Despicable Me, Empire State
– Top 5 most popular Kids & Family series: Bubble Guppies, iCarly, SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig
– Top 3 most popular genres: Comedy, Kids & Family, Drama
– Most searched actor: Adam Sandler
– Most searched actress: Shailene Woodley
Rogers and Shaw’s shomi is available to all Canadians through Rogers Channel 300, select tablets, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and now gaming consoles.