In the beginning of June 2009, we made a few posts regarding the release of a new data plan from Rogers Wireless on June 16, 2009. The plan was $150 per month which gave you a total of 15GB of data per month. The details are posted below.
Data Plan for Heavy Users (Effective June 16, 2009)
- Price: $150 per month
- Data included per month: 15GB
- Time frame: Begins June 16, 2009
- Overages: 1 cent per additional MB
- Contract Term: Available on monthly or 1/2/3 year contract terms
- Device support: All iPhones, Blackberries, HTC Devices, Smartphones, and Mobile Internet Sticks
Well, as of June 15, 2009, the day before the release, it seems that Rogers has postponed the release of this data plan “until further notice”. You can check out the posting from Rogers below:
Start Date: June 16, 2009
End Date: Ongoing
Reference # NDP 2009-06-48
**Postponed** $150/15 GB Data Plan
The launch of the $150/15 GB Data Plan, originally scheduled for June 16 and included in the Q2 Sales Guide, has been postponed until further notice.
It is unknown at this time for the reason of the delay, but I am curious if anyone was actually going to jump on this?