Samsung Launches The All New ‘GALAXY Mega’ Phablets
Samsung has today announced the all new GALAXY Mega phablets in Seoul, Korea, which will come in 6.3″ and 5.8″ sizes and go on sale alongside its Note and Galaxy S ranges. The Korean company’s two new jumbo sized devices which fall in the phablet category i.e between smartphones and tablets, will use the same Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version of Google’s mobile operating system and will feature dual-core processors.
The GALAXY Mega 6.3-inch model will feature slightly better specs including a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, 6.3-inch HD display, 8-megapixel camera, 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera and microSD card support up to 64GB. It will come in a choice of either 8GB or 16GB internal storage. The 5.8-inch version sports a 1.4GHz processor and will only ship with 8GB of internal storage .
The GALAXY Mega is an ideal choice for customers who want to get the most out of one device that brings great quality at an even greater value. With a 6.3-inch HD LCD screen with landscape mode support, the GALAXY Mega enables an exceptional widescreen view for various applications including web browsing, video, and SNS.
The GALAXY Mega is also light and thin for incredible portability and easy, convenient mobile phone use. Customers can stay connected with a variety of new phone features including:
• ‘Group Play’: Enables easy content sharing for up to 8 devices on the same Wi-Fi network.
• ‘Samsung WatchON’: Transforms into an IR remote controller for a richer TV experience. Connect the device to your home entertainment system, and it will provide program recommendations, schedules, and even remotely control your TV.
• ‘Samsung Link’: Easily streams photos, videos, notes, or music to your television, tablet or computer.
• ‘S Translator’: Say or text what you need translated into the GALAXY Mega, and it will provide instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, and ChatON.
• ‘ChatON’: Share what’s on your screen with friends to stay more connected.
The GALAXY Mega handsets will be available globally beginning May from Europe and Russia.