Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit Gets Wi-Fi Adapter
The Apple HomeKit compatible Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt has just received its very own companion Wi-Fi Adapter, which lets you check on the lock’s status from anywhere, so you never have to wonder if the front door was left unlocked.
The simple wall plug-in Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter will also send push notifications when the lock is used and is set to retail for $69.99 USD (Canadian pricing coming):
“We wanted to provide a solution, like the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter, that would allow a homeowner to connect to their lock remotely without having a smart home platform. We are excited to offer compatibility to a wider range of users looking to incorporate smart products into their homes”, said Chris Sutton, Electronics Business Leader at Schlage.
Schlage has also announced that its Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt now has Android smartphone compatibility.
With no connection to an existing home automation system or monthly subscription charge, the free Schlage Sense app allows you to:
- Create and delete up to 30 unique access codes so trusted friends and family can enter using their code at the lock’s touchscreen.
- Schedule access codes so guests can only enter when you want them to.
- Use the Wi-Fi Adapter to check on the lock’s status from anywhere, so you never have to wonder if the front door was left unlocked. The Wi-Fi Adapter will also send push notifications when the lock is used.
- View past activity to see which codes have been used and when.
- Update settings and check battery life.
Of course, without this new Sense Wi-Fi Adapter, you can still control your lock remotely if you have an iPad or Apple TV3/4 acting as your Home hub. This
Editor’s note: we’re currently testing the Sense lock at home, and a review is coming shortly. Range is an issue if you’re Apple TV3/4 is far away, so this unit should help with decreasing wait times for lock updates.