SkipTheDishes has just published their end of year report revealing the food ordering trends of Ontarians in 2020. During the year, the top three items ordered through SkipTheDishes in Ontario were Asian dishes, burgers and pizza.
According to the report, the most popular cuisines were American/Canadian (Scarborough), Italian (Niagara Falls), and Chinese (Sudbury). Ontarians also capitalized on the addition of convenience items on the Skip network in 2020. Their most ordered items were slushies, taquitos, and fountain drinks.
Skip has also revealed that on October 9, 2020, a Toronto resident ordered the most expensive order recorded in Ontario coming in at a whopping $779.90. That order included 30 salads, 12 orders of pad thai, and 10 orders of red curry.
Some other interesting Ontario trends highlighted in the report include:
- 743 is the number of orders placed by the most frequent orderer in Ontario
- The fastest growing segment of new users were those above the age of 65
- Late night orders grew by 38%
- Canadians are more willing to try something new as roughly half of users who open the app don’t know what they’re going to order
- 81% of customers have ordered from a restaurant that they have never been to in person
- Patio season has its limits, and that limit for most Canadians is 12ºC
SkipTheDishes has more than 29,000 restaurant partners on the Skip network in Canada, delivering in 224 cities across 10 provinces.