With the second wave of COVID-19 hitting the restaurant industry, SkipTheDishes has announced new initiatives to support its restaurant partners across Alberta by implementing a support package across the province.
SkipTheDishes has been working alongside the Government of Alberta on how to best support their partners, and has now extended a support package that includes:
- A 25% rebate on commission for local, independent restaurant partners
- 0% commission rate for any new restaurants joining the network during the restriction period
- A 10.5% commission rate to any restaurant partner looking to utilize their own staff to facilitate delivery while leveraging Skip’s technology and customer base
- The continuation of Skip’s restaurant tipping initiative, which has seen over $1.2 million in generous donations from customers go directly to local restaurants
- App functionality that allows partners to diversify their menu offerings, increasing orders and revenue
- Additional marketing and order-driving initiatives that can both increase repeat orders and attract new customers
This support package will begin on Sunday, December 13 when provincial restrictions take effect, and is expected to give millions of dollars back to local, independent restaurant partners across the province.
“We know local restaurants are the heart and soul of communities across the province, and with pickup and delivery orders becoming a critical revenue stream for restaurants throughout the pandemic, Skip stands with our local partners throughout this new wave of restrictions,” says Kevin Edwards, CEO, SkipTheDishes. “We know that Skip has become not only a tool to practice social distancing, but also a way to support local businesses during the pandemic.”
New restaurant partners can visit this link to join the network.