The Simpsons: Tapped Out created by Electronic Arts is a game for iOS and Android that allows you to build your own Springfield, for free.
Yesterday, EA released version 4.6.1 which includes a new holiday theme. Unlock new and exciting prizes by collecting gift cards from the brand new Christmas tree or by having your Springfielders do tasks.
Below is the trailer for the 2013 holiday update.
Here is a full list of what’s new in 4.6.1:
The holidays are in full swing in Springfield and a clerical error has spread more than the usual amount of cheer, in the form of copious amounts of gift cards. How will Springfielders react to their new place among the economic elite? With new characters bringing and selling holiday cheer, appropriately themed buildings and a quest line that explores the true meaning of the holidays, this update is filled with enough festive fun to last an entire year or at least what’s left of this one.
We’ve got new limited-time characters, quests, and more!
• Presents- Tap on presents and gift bags left in your town to open them up and claim your holiday spoils. Collect spin tokens to have a chance to spin and win special prizes with Krusty’s Non-Denominational Holiday Giveaway.
• New Characters- Enjoy the not-so-classic tale of Ebenezer Burns, help Mr. Costington prepare for the Christmas rush, watch Barney’s rise to the snowy throne as he dons the title of Plow King, and much more.
• New Buildings- Get your holiday shopping done early at the Springfield Mall, discharge your required holiday “help the needy” duties by building the Helter Shelter, celebrate the season with some wassailing at the Egg Nog Bar, modernize holiday traditions with ClausCo. and show off your seasonal spirit with Christmas decorations for various buildings in town.
• New Ride- The Happy Elves Ride is the newest ride in Krustyland; sure to bring a smile to any rider with its saccharine sweetness.
• New Decorations- Start getting presents as soon as possible with the Present Depot and fill your town with an assortment of festively fun decorations fit for the holiday.
• New Quests- How will Springfield react to their unexpected windfall? Does money truly buy the happiness of the season or is there a deeper meaning to the holidays? Play today and find out!
Download The Simpsons: Tapped Out from the App Store for free.