TomTom has today announced the launch of an all new navigation app for iPhone called TomTom GO Mobile, offering a combination of the latest TomTom car navigation technology and world-class traffic information. The app, which is available as a free download in the App Store, allows drivers to experience TomTom’s premium navigation up to 75km every month free of charge, while an in-app purchase of $27.99 unlocks unlimited navigation for a year.
Corinne Vigreux, the Managing Director of TomTom Consumer, said that the TomTom GO Mobile app is made for drivers who want to experience the best of TomTom on their smartphone. “We completely rethought our mobile solution so that every driver has the chance to try navigation with TomTom Traffic. Now all iPhone owners can avoid the traffic jams and get to their destinations faster, every day”, he added. The new app also features a global map licence so drivers can use it in over 150 countries even without a network connection.
Below is the official iTunes description:
Download TomTom GO Mobile and drive with the app for a fixed number of free kilometres every month. Upgrade to Unlimited Navigation to drive without kilometres restriction. Select from a one year or three year subscription, depending on your driving needs.
FREE UPGRADE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS – AVAILABLE NOW
Your current TomTom Navigation app will continue to work, but we think you’ll find our new GO Mobile app even better. It’s our most advanced navigation app ever! Why not give it a try? Please make sure you have the latest version of your current app installed and follow the instructions inside to receive a free upgrade to GO Mobile.
- – World Maps: Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost.**
- – TomTom Traffic: Always know where delays are and whether a faster route is available.*
- – Safety Cameras: Drive more relaxed with speed camera alerts, trusted by millions of TomTom drivers.*
- – Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your device so you don’t need internet access or data roaming to plan a route.
- – Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
- – Quick search: Find destinations faster with Quick Search. It starts finding locations as soon as you start typing.
- – Navigate to Copied Addresses: Easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting it into Quick Search.
- – Tap and go: Tap on your favorite destination on the map, and you’re on your way.
- – Advanced Lane Guidance: Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
You can download and try out the new app using the following App Store link:
Download TomTom GO Mobile for iPhone [Direct Link]