Vimeo Updates Apple TV Channel with New Interface, Content Filters and More
Vimeo announced today its Apple TV channel has been updated with a new simpler user interface, plus new added features.
Whip out your vuvuzelas — we just released a sleeker, easier-to-use version of Vimeo on Apple TV. Please take a moment to peel your eyeballs away from the World Cup and view what’s new:
- Simplified navigation – essentials now are at the top of the screen
- Watch our favourites – new monthly Staff Favorites, curated channels
- Vimeo On Demand – new trailers can be viewed right away and purchased
- Content filter – once logged in your content filter preferences kick in; when logged out safe videos are shown
- Easier browsing – the ‘more’ button on videos show related videos, albums, channels, groups
- Hidden features – simply press the play button on your remote while any video thumbnail is selected. Also: Quickly like or add a video to your Watch Later queue by holding down the center (select) button on your remote
The Vimeo update is over the air so the channel will automatically update on your Apple TV—and yes, it is showing in Canada. The Vimeo channel was added to Apple TV back in 2011.