What’s New in iOS 14.7: Features, Bug Fixes and More [VIDEO]
- Improved support for Apple’s $119 CAD MagSafe Battery Pack, including the addition of reverse wireless charging to the pack. Wireless reverse charging is currently only available for the MagSafe Battery Pack, but this could be a sign of things to come.
- Apple Card Family now allows users to combine credit limits with an existing Apple Card user and share one co-owned account with them.
- The ‘Weather’ and ‘Maps’ apps now also provide information on Air Quality, currently only available in Canada, France, Italy, South Korea, Spain, and the Netherlands.
- Library > Shows in the ‘Podcasts’ app is now divided into Followed and All.
- Users can now set timers on their HomePod or HomePod mini from the ‘Home’ app on their iPhone.
- The pesky hotspot bug that completely breaks Wi-Fi connectivity has been fixed, patching an incredibly easy to exploit zero-day vulnerability.
- Music playback will no longer stop unexpectedly when playing Dolby Atmos or Lossless Audio music on Apple Music.
- The Share Playlist… option in Library > Playlists on the Music app no longer disappears.
- The ‘Service Battery’ message in Settings > Battery > Battery Health on the iPhone 11 no longer disappears after a reboot.
Performance on the new iOS build seems to be pretty solid, especially on older iPhones. iOS 14.7 also brings a noticeable improvement to battery life.
This is likely going to be the last major iOS update we see until iOS 15 comes out in the fall. iOS 15 is currently in public beta — we saw beta 3 become available last week, bringing Find My iPhone functionality even when the iPhone is powered off, and much more.