Freedom Mobile has launched some promotions offering 2GB of bonus data, while select devices on contract are available for up to $639 off, with Apple’s iPhone 8 Plus being eligible.
As for the 2GB bonus data, this applies to almost all of the company’s plans priced $40 or higher when customers start a new activation or hardware upgrade, according to documents seen by iPhone in Canada. This promo started on Friday, January 18 and has no expiry date, other than “for a limited time.”
The following in-market plans are eligible for the 2GB Home data bonus per month with new activations or hardware upgrades:
- Home 2GB
- Big Gig + Talk 5GB/10/GB/15GB/20GB
- Big Gig 10GB/15GB/20GB
- Promo Everywhere 60 8GB (available in select stores)
These in-market plans are NOT eligible:
- Freedom LTE + 3G promo
- Home 500MB
- Data Plan 1GB
- Home 250MB
According to Freedom Mobile, this 2GB offer is not being advertised on their website or in-store flyers, however, staff are told to offer this to eligible customers to help close sales.
Save Up to $639 Off Select Smartphones on MyTab
Freedom Mobile also has a promotion offering up to $639 off smartphones (Pixel 3), which includes Apple’s iPhone 8 Plus for $0 upfront, on a 24-month MyTab activation or upgrade.
Here are the smartphone prices plus minimum monthly plans required, for the “best value combinations”—you must go with the noted MyTab tiers to get the $0 upfront cost:
- iPhone 8 Plus 64GB – $0 upfront ($949 outright) on MyTab $15 tier with $50/month plan or higher (save $589). Works out to $360 for an iPhone 8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ – $0 upfront ($1099 outright) on MyTab $20 tier with $60/month plan or higher (save $619). Works out to $480 for a Galaxy S9+.
- Google Pixel 3 64GB – $0 upfront ($999 outright) on MyTab $15 tier with $50/month plan or higher (save $639). Works out to $360 for a Pixel 3.
- Motorola Moto G6 Play – $0 upfront ($240 outright) on MyTab $0 with $40/month plan or higher (save $240)
These device savings were launched on Friday, January 18 and go until Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Shaw announced during its recent Q1 earnings Freedom Mobile’s network now reaches 16 million Canadians, with plans to reach an additional 1.3 million people in Western Canada in 2019.