Update 1: Our own tipster notes:
You can’t use iPhone on this plan. In other words, if you want an iPhone at $159, you can’t use this plan.
Unless you sign up for a 3 year voice/data term, cancel, pay ECF (early cancellation fee) and DECF (data early cancellation fee) and switch to the new plan…which no one will do.iPhone subsidy (discount) is ONLY available on 3 year voice and 3 year data.In other words, this $50 plan ONLY benefits the following people who meet both conditions:1.) Do not have a long length contract with Fido (or any contract)2.) Own their own device
- Unlimited Local and long distance minutes Canada-wide
- Unlimited incoming calls Canada-wide
- Unlimited evenings and weekends Canada-wide
- Unlimited texting within Canada and to International numbers
Here are the eligibility details:
- Not available on 3 year terms
- For new or existing customers
- Not available for data subsidy; 2 year voice subsidy still applies
- Existing customers on 3 year terms will pay an Early Cancellation Fee (ECF) if they change terms
- Works with any device
Add this plan to the $30 6GB data plan, add caller ID and voicemail, and you’re looking at $92-95 per month plus tax. Who’s interested in this new Fido offering?