Casio, the popular Japanese electronics manufacturing company known for its calculators and digital watches, has announced two new Bluetooth G-Shock watches, the GB–6900AA and GB-5600AA , that can communicate with an iPhone via Bluetooth v4.0, reports The Verge.
While Casio’s G-Shock lineup has continuously evolved in terms of technology and performance over the years, this time the company has taken a major step forward by incorporating Bluetooth v4.0 into its new models. The new G-shocks connect with the iPhone to perform various functions such as notifying the wearer of incoming calls and enabling iPhone alarm and vibration functions from the watch button.
Below are some of their features:
- Notification of incoming calls via the watch
- Finder function to enable iPhone alarm and vibration functions from the watch
- Warning vibration when the watch loses its connection to the iPhone
- Automatic time correction by synchronizing with time data received from the iPhone
- Built-in tilt sensor to detect movement in the watch to automatically reconnect to the iPhone
The company hasn’t announced pricing or availability for the US, but the GB-6900AA and GB-5600AA will be available in Japan for ¥18,000 (about $230) in October and November, respectively.