Philips, the leading name in the world of bulbs and lights, has just launched hue, a smart web-enabled LED home lighting system. With Philips hue, users can personalize and control their home lights using an iPhone / iPad app. Starting today, Philips hue is available exclusively from Apple stores with a starter pack containing three bulbs, a bridge that plugs into your Wi-Fi router and free hue app for iOS.
According to Philips, users can use hue’s high quality energy-saving LED light to tune shades of white light and create any color. The setup is easy, upgradeable and future-proof with potential to get new features in the future via the app. The universal app, which is compatible with iPhone as well as the iPad, also allows remote control of home lighting and timer based custom setup for scheduled home lighting.
With Philips hue, you can:
- Save your favorite light scenes for each room or time of day and recall them in an instant
- Use any photo on your phone as a color palette to paint your room with light and bring your memories back to life
- Tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light
- Create ambience or complement your decor with the colors of the rainbow
- Control and monitor your lights remotely when not at home for security and peace of mind
- Set timers to help manage your daily routine
- Let light wake you up refreshed or help your loved ones fall asleep
The starter kit costs $199 with each additional bulb requiring $59. Each bulb has a life-span of 15 years, according to Philips.
Philips hue will be available from October 30th onwards in Apple retail stores in US, Canada and Europe.
Check out this cool demo of Philips Hue: