Back in January of last year Sony had their iPhone app rejected by Apple as the latter changed its policy regarding in-app purchases. Now it looks like Sony has released their standalone Reader app, which according to The Digital Reader was promised more than two years ago by the company. Here’s the iTunes description:
Never be caught without a story with Reader™ for your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®! The free Reader app offers easy navigation for convenient and entertaining digital reading.
The intuitive app design is ideal for readers on the move, so get reading wherever you are! You’ll enjoy the following features:
- Customers who download the app will also receive an exclusive short story from bestselling and celebrated urban fantasy author, Kim Harrison.
- A natural, book-like reading experience
- Intuitive navigation makes using the app as easy as the turn of a page
- Adjustable font size and contrast to customize your reading preferences (sayonara, spectacles!)
- Leave your mark! Create and edit bookmarks as you read
- Access to your Reader library to read new purchases and old favorites
- Personalized collections and library organization
- Option of Day and Night reading modes
This app will now allow users to read books they formerly had on a Sony Reader device. Let us know if you’re going to use this app, or if it’s even relevant anymore.
Click here to download the Sony Reader app.