Today Apple released the final version of OS X 10.6.4. Just yesterday, Apple released the last OS X 10.6.4 build, numbered 10F569.
The final release includes the following updates and enhancements:
- Resolves an issue that causes the keyboard or track-pad to become unresponsive
- Resolves an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
- Addresses issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
- Improves reliability of VPN connections
- Resolves an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
- Improves compatibility with some braille displays
- Resolves a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
At the end of March 2010, Apple officially released the public version of Mac OS X 10.6.3. At the time, 10.6.3 marked the third main revision to the Mac operating system, Snow Leopard.
The first build of 10.6.4 was issued in April 2010 and the second through fifth builds were issued in May 2010. The sixth, seventh and eighth builds were issued in June 2010. Mac OS X 10.6.4 is the fourth main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.
The update is now available through Software Update on your Mac.