We’re hearing numerous reports iOS 6 has killed WiFi connectivity for some users. People are reporting they can no longer connect to their WiFi hotspots from their iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 3s.
Here are some possible fixes for this bug:
- Reboot your device with the on/off switch
- Reset network settings (General–>Reset–>Reset Network Settings)
- Select your network and tap “Forget this Network”
- Select your network and tap “Renew Lease”
- Toggle Airplane Mode on/off
- Try restoring and reinstalling iOS 6 in iTunes
There’s a massive thread over at the Apple Support Communities about this issue. iOS 6 updates worked on our iPad 3 and iPhone 4S.
Did iOS 6 kill your WiFi connectivity? If you found a fix that worked for you, share it with us in the comments.
Update: It appears the bug was not related to iOS 6, rather Apple’s “captive portal” page being down. It now appears to be working so try your WiFi again (thanks @lieven)
Thanks everyone for sending this in!