Pebble has released new firmware tonight for its smart watch, version 2.2 which adds the ability to reorder the launcher menu. Also new is the ability to control volume in the music app, plus the alarm will also vibrate for longer instead of just 1 minute.
The iOS app was also updated back on May 27 to gain volume control support, plus there is now iBeacon support to allow the watch and an iOS device to know when they are in close range of each other. Pebble says this feature has minimal impact on battery life but reviews in iTunes seem to disagree:
Pebble Firmware 2.2 (Release Notes)
- The Launcher Menu is now re-orderable. Hold the Select button to re-position a menu item.
- Volume control in the Music app. Hold the Select button while in the app to launch volume controls.
- Music app redesigned: fixes layout issues and adds a track progress bar.
- Alarm now vibrates for 10 minutes instead of 1 minute.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
iOS Pebble App 2.2 (Release Notes)
- Support for new volume controls in Pebble firmware v2.2.
- Added iBeacon support, using Bluetooth Low Energy to know when the Pebble and iOS device are in close proximity to each other. GPS location is not recorded, and impact on battery life is negligible.
Below are a couple Vines of the new features:
Let us know how you’re liking the 2.2 firmware update.