Google One’s Extra Photo Editing Features Launch on iOS
Google One members can now get access to extra editing features within Google Photos on iOS. The announcement was made in an email to Google One members on Friday morning.
“With Google One you already enjoy expanded storage to safely back up your memories in full resolution. Now, both iOS and Android users can make those memories stand out more with additional photo features,” explained Google’s email we received.
Previously, these extra editing features were only available for Android users, but now iPhone and iPad users can access them too.
Here’s how to use the extra Google Photos editing features:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android or iOS device
- Select any photo and then tap on the edit icon to open the editor
- Find one-tap smart suggestions under “Suggestions” and extra editing features under “Adjust”
Here are the six extra photo editing features for Google Photos:
- Portrait light: Change the position and brightness of light for photos of people.
- Blur: Blur background on certain photos of people not captured in portrait mode.
- Color focus: Desaturate the background, while you keep the foreground color for photos of people.
- Smart suggestions: Easy-to-use one-tap edits that adapt to each photo’s content.
- HDR: Enhance the brightness and contrast across the image.
- Sky: Select from several palettes and adjust color and contrast in the sky.
Google says these extra photo editing features “are subject to change and are available on devices with at least 3 GB RAM running Android 8.0 or iOS 14.0 and above.”