Fido Device Protection Plan Launches, $12 Per Month for iPhones
Last year Rogers launched their Device Protection plans in November, and today the company has informed us Fido Device Protection has similarly launched. The protection package service includes the following:
- Device Protection
- Phone Finder and Anti-theft
- Fido TechXpert service
The monthly costs associated for the service are as follows: $8 for Fido TechXpert service, $10 for Fido Device Protection (non-iPhone devices) and $12 for iPhone devices.
Below are the features of Fido Device Protection:
– Your device is protected against physical damage, loss*, theft* and water damage, including out-of-warranty malfunction.
– Let us know about an issue by 5 p.m. (ET) and, in most cases, your replacement device will be delivered next business day.
– To be eligible, you must sign up within 15 days of new activation or upgrade.
– All devices are covered, including iPhone, and standard accessories including battery, charger, SIM card and memory card. Fido Prepaid and tablets are not eligible.
– No term commitment required. You can cancel at any time.
– Replacement devices may be new or refurbished versions of the same or comparable model.
– Limit of two replacements during a 12-month period.
– Depending on your device model, a service replacement fee of $25, $80, $120 or $200 will be charged when you make a request to replace your device. A full list of Service Replacement Fees by model is available at fido.ca/servicerequest.
Anyone interested in signing up for this?