Candy Crush Saga Surpasses Half a Billion Downloads Across all Platforms
Candy Crush Saga, a free to play Bejeweled knockoff game, that is estimated to generate over $633,000 in revenue per day, has been downloaded over half a billion times across Facebook, iOS and Android, according to social games developer King.
“Players have racked up 150 billion individual games to date and, according to King, one in every 23 Facebook users is now a fan of Candy Crush Saga worldwide. The developer says it will be pushing out new content and “in-game anniversary treats” over the coming weeks to celebrate the milestone.”
Ranked as the #1 grossing App Store app by ThinkGaming, about 45 million people play the game on Facebook alone each month. Users get five lives in a quest to crush candy, and if they use them all up before clearing a level, they’re locked out of the game for 30 minutes before they can try again on iOS. Those who cannot wait, can cough up some real money and carry on playing.
Candy Crush Saga for iOS features include:
- Tasty graphics that will leave you hungry for more
- Easy and fun to play, but a challenge to fully master
- Over 100 sweet levels
- Leaderboards for you and your friendsItems to unlock by completing levels
- Boosters and charms to help with those challenging levels
- Seamless synchronization with the Facebook version