Tile™ Bluetooth Device Makes Sure You Never Lose Your Stuff Again [VIDEO]
Tile™ is a matchbook-sized low energy bluetooth gadget that can be attached with things such as wallets, keys, luggage, phones etc. to help you find them no matter where they are. In addition to Tile’s own range of 100 to 150 feet, the device can be tracked far beyond that by using the Bluetooth connection of neighboring iPhones running the Tile iOS app to cast a wider search net.
According to the press release, if you mark a Tile outside of your range as missing, Tile sends out a signal that puts other Tile apps on the search for your missing item. So, if someone else running the Tile app comes within range of your lost object, the Tile app will discretely and securely identify your item and send you a notification of its location. With each $25 Tile, you can manage and find the items you want, with no need to ever charge the batteries. After a year however, you’ll need to recycle your old tiles and purchase new ones.
Tile’s features include:
- Locate and manage multiple Tiles on the Tile app, the accompanying iOS application
- Easily view how far away you are from your lost Tile’s signal, within a 100-150 foot radius
- When your Tile is outside of its Bluetooth range, use the Tile app’s Last Place Seen feature to discover where you left your item behind
- Share your Tiles with family, roommates, friends or coworkers to make it incredibly easy for trusted acquaintances to help each other find lost items
- Tile is secure. Only you will be able to see where your Tiles are on your Tile app. The only way anyone else can ever see your Tiles on their personal account is if you explicitly share access. Additionally, Tile never shares your location with others.
- Login to your friend’s Tile app to find your lost Tile if you don’t have your iPhone or iPad
- ‘Ring’ your misplaced Tile from your Tile app to make finding items easier
Currently, the developers of Tile are aiming to raise $20,000 in crowdsourced funding to start production. With 10 days left, the Selfstarter campaign has raised $694,223 of its $20,000 goal. You can back the project at this link. Meanwhile, check out the following video of Tile in action: