YouTube has revealed its top trending videos in Canada for 2020, led by former NASA (and Apple) engineer Mark Rober and his Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder video, which has since racked up 49 million views.
“In an extremely challenging year, Canadians came to YouTube in 2020 to keep them informed, learn new skills, and to find bright spots that entertain and bring joy,” explained YouTube in an emailed statement to iPhone in Canada.
Coming in third place was the hilarious music video of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau “speaking moistly”.
Top Trending Videos in Canada
- Mark Rober, Building the Perfect Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
- Dream, Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters GRAND FINALE
- Anonymotif, Justin Trudeau Sings “Speaking Moistly”
- Netflix is a Joke, 8:46 – Dave Chappelle
- NikkieTutorials, I’m Coming Out.
- America’s Got Talent, Golden Buzzer: 10-Year-Old Roberta Battaglia Sings Lady Gaga’s “Shallow” – America’s Got Talent 2020
- MrBeast, $250,000 Influencer Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
- JeffreeStar, We Broke Up.
- Dude Perfect, Quarantine Stereotypes
- Paris Hilton, The Real Story of Paris Hilton | This is Paris Official Documentary
Below are the top music videos in Canada for 2020:
- Future, Life is Good ft. Drake
- Tekashi 6ix9ine, Gooba
- Justin Bieber, Yummy
- Eminem, Godzilla ft. Juice WRLD
- Sidhu Moose Wala, Old Skool
- Cardi B, WAP ft. Megan Thee Stallion
- Drake, Toosie Slide
- DaBaby, ROCKSTAR ft Roddy Ricch
- Justin Bieber, Intentions ft. Quavo
- Drake, Laugh Now, Cry Later
Check out the top Canadian creators in 2020 according to YouTube below and “top breakout” creators as well:
Top Canadian Creators
- MadFit (5M+ subscribers)
- The Hacksmith (10.9M+ subscribers)
- Linus Tech Tips (12.4M+ subscribers)
- AzzyLand (13.1M+ subscribers)
- Disguised Toast (2.93M+ subscribers)
Top Breakout Canadian Creators