Today Apple released a minor update to the latest iTunes 10. The new iTunes is now version 10.0.1 and is available on a PC/Mac via Apple Software Update or from Apple’s website.
The new iTunes 10.0.1 update primarily brings a new Ping sidebar, which is essentially a glance at your Ping friends and artists activity in any of your current iTunes windows.
The update also installs a few enhancements and bug fixes:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit when interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.
Also note, if you’re jailbroken or plan to jailbreak, this iTunes update is safe to download.