Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D552. The last seed, build number 10D548, was only just released on February 5, 2010.
According to reports, today’s build focuses on AirPort, Graphics Drivers, and Quicktime. The build further includes:
- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Includes changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and enhance security
- Improves printing reliability and compatibility with 3rd party printers
- Addresses an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling
The first 10.6.3 build was seeded in early January and last time we noted that the builds seem to be getting released closer and closer together. Today’s build came only four days since the last release, so the full OS X 10.6.3 release could be imminent.
The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was officially released on November 9, 2009. The first two builds of 10.6.3 were issued in January 2010 and the third and fourth builds issued in February 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 will mark the third main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.