Update 3: Don’t bother purchasing IconProject–just visit http://iphoneza.co.za/IconSettings/ and it’ll do the same, but for free (thx @justinluey)!
Update 2: For Personal Hotspot, use (thx Paullomax):
Update: Here is a screenshot of my homescreen folder with shortcuts made, plus the images I used for the icons. If you want others, just do a Google Image search on your iPhone and crop the ones you find. – Gary
I’ve always said that the strongest reason for me to jailbreak my iOS devices till date has been SBSettings. Once you get used to the ease with which it gives you access to all the common system toggles with a simple swipe, you simply hate the fact that you cannot install it on your iOS device just because it cannot be jailbroken (such as iPhone 4S or iPad 2 running iOS 5). Luckily, a decent workaround has been discovered by The iPhone Addict (via iDB) which can somewhat replicate the SBSettings functionality by putting shortcuts to settings like Bluetooth, Wifi etc. on your homesecreen without any jailbreak.
Here’s a brief tutorial:
1. Download the App “Icon Project” available in the App Store for only $0.99.
2. Next you will select what kind of shortcut you want to make. In our case, you will choose “URL(Homepage)”. Simply input the link of the appropriate settings toggle into the text entry box, listed below:
About — prefs:root=General&path=About
Accessibility — prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
Airplane Mode On — prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
Auto-Lock — prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
Brightness — prefs:root=Brightness
Bluetooth — prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
Date & Time — prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
FaceTime — prefs:root=FACETIME
General — prefs:root=General
Keyboard — prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
iCloud — prefs:root=CASTLE
iCloud Storage & Backup — prefs:root=CASTLE&path=STORAGE_AND_BACKUP
International — prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
Location Services — prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
Music — prefs:root=MUSIC
Music Equalizer — prefs:root=MUSIC&path=EQ
Music Volume Limit — prefs:root=MUSIC&path=VolumeLimit
Network — prefs:root=General&path=Network
Nike + iPod — prefs:root=NIKE_PLUS_IPOD
Notes — prefs:root=NOTES
Notification — prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID
Phone — prefs:root=Phone
Photos — prefs:root=Photos
Profile — prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList
Reset — prefs:root=General&path=Reset
Safari — prefs:root=Safari
Siri — prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
Sounds — prefs:root=Sounds
Software Update — prefs:root=General&path=SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LINK
Store — prefs:root=STORE
Twitter — prefs:root=TWITTER
Usage — prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
VPN — prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
Wallpaper — prefs:root=Wallpaper
Wi-Fi — prefs:root=WIFI
3. Then design your icon. There are a number of options here and with a little effort, you can make some really good looking icons.
4. Select “Create”.
5. You will then be taken to a web page that displays your icon and gives you the option to add to the homescreen. Click the icon displayed at the bottom of your Safari app as instructed on the web page.
6. Name your icon and place on your homesceen in the desired place. I recommend setting up a folder to put all your icons in.
That’s it, Enjoy!