Lately a lot of you have taken the plunge to either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 firmware, thanks to my post on how to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 with ZiPhone 2.5c. Anyways, ever since daylight savings time hit and prior to that, some people have run into a problem with their SMS timestamps. The time is a few hours behind and does not show up properly. How to fix this problem? Read on!
The following solution was posted by user LDN2012 on HowardForums. It has worked successfully for users who tried it out so I’m going to pass this along to you fine folks (especially those who have been emailing me asking about a fix!).
How to Fix the iPhone Incorrect Timestamp Issue on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 firmware
- Launch Installer. Click on Sources. Click Edit. Click Add.
- Type in http://www.iphones.ru/r …click OK. Refresh Sources.
- Click on the Install tab. Go to the category iPhone.RU.
- Install the SMS Timefix (the description is not in English, but it will work!)
- Reply back here to let us know if it worked or not.
Again, you are on your own whenever you’re trying these fixes and such, since the Source URL is from an untrusted source. However, users on this thread have had success, so it looks pretty positive that it will fix your SMS timestamp issue. Let us know if it works! =)