Apple’s Family Sharing feature gives family members immediate access to each other’s music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps, allowing them to download the content to their own devices any time they like. It also enables the “Ask to Buy” feature for kids, makes it easy to set up shared calendars, shared reminders and much more. But if you aren’t sure how to set it up, this ultimate guide by iMore will let you master all the features of Family Sharing.
First and foremost, you need a parent or head of the household to do the initial Family Sharing setup. During this process, you can add people to your household, choose a payment method, and create Child ID’s if you need to. You can hit up this link for a step by step guide on how to do all this.
The guide will also show you how to do the following:
- How to accept a Family Sharing invitation
- How to designate someone as a parent or guardian with Family Sharing
- How to create a new child ID with Family Sharing
- How to use Family Sharing with Find My iPhone
- How to use Family Sharing with Calendars
- How to share tasks with Reminders and Family Sharing
- How to share photos with the Photos app and Family Sharing
- How to tell if iOS and Mac apps are eligible for Family Sharing
- How to transfer existing data on an Apple ID to a new Family Sharing Child ID
Check out the full article for details here.