Apple Seeds New Mac OS X 10.6.3 Build 10D571
Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D571. The last seed, build number 10D567, was released on March 5, 2010, which puts the current build at releasing just under two weeks since the last.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Graphics Drivers, iChat, QuickTime, Fonts. The build further includes:
- Compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and improve compatibility and security
- Printing reliability and compatibility with third party printers
- Issues resolved that prevented files from copying to Windows shares
- Issues resolved with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
- Issues resolved that prevented files with the “#” or “&” symbols in their names from opening in Rosetta
- Issues addressed that caused background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling
- Issue resolved that caused machines using BTMM and the Bonjour Sleep Proxy to wake unexpectedly
There was also a Known Issue identified as:
- Safari 4.0.5 will be reoffered by Software Update after upgrading to 10D571 from a previous seed
Well Mac owners, as mentioned before, the builds of OS 10.6.3 seem to be releasing very close to each other, but we have yet to see the full 10.6.3. This build period is turning out to be quite an extended one!
The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was officially released on November 9, 2009. The first two builds of 10.6.3 were issued in January 2010 and the third through sixth builds were issued in February 2010. The seventh and eighth builds were issued in March 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 will mark the third main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.