myType™ – The Pocketable Bluetooth Keyboard For Smartphones [Kickstarter]
Designed to be the most comfortable and convenient keyboard to take with you on the go, a Kickstarter project by the name of myType™ is a foldable keyboard that can wirelessly pair with iPhone, iPad & Android devices via Bluetooth to create an office that can be carried anywhere in your pocket. The project has already raised over $71,000 of its $10,000 goal, with 14 days still to go.
When folded, the lightweight, ultra-slim myType™ keyboard fits comfortably in a pocket. When it’s open, it provides a laptop/desktop feel and efficiency, with a long battery life that connects quickly and easily to smartphones and tablets. Available in five colour options i.e. Kickstarter green, black, white, blue and pink, the keys of myType™ are designed and spaced for touch typing. The keyboard packs a micro-USB rechargeable lithium ion battery and supports Bluetooth 3.0 technology.
Features & Specifications:
- Pocket-sized when closed
- Light, thin & flexible design comfortably disappears into your pocket or purse
- Battery life: weeks of normal use
- Max Wireless Range: 33 Feet
- Durable: can be dropped with a low chance of being damaged
- Splash Resistant
- Nearly silent to type on; perfect for meetings
- Works with Bluetooth® HID. Either by our own tests, or the respective manufacturer’s web site, HID is supported by the following devices (with the latest iOS available version for Apple products); iPhone 3GS and later, iPad incl. iPad Mini, iPod Touch 2nd and later, Android (with HID support; tested with several Samsung phones and tablets) and Windows 8 Tablets.
- Dimensions When Open: 12.5” x 3.6” x .3”
- Dimensions When Closed: 6.8” x 3.6” x .35″
- Weight: Approximately 122 grams/4.3 oz (just the keyboard, not including packaging or charging cable)
If you want to back this project ($59 + shipping), head over to their kickstarter page. Don’t forget to checkout the following video for a better idea: