Nike+ Move iOS App Released: Uses iPhone 5s M7 Coprocessor to Track Movement
The Nike+ Move iOS app has been released for download in the App Store. The app was first shown off at the iPhone 5s announcement and it utilizes the data found within the M7 coprocessor exclusively in Apple’s newest flagship iPhone.
Nike+ Move is the simplest way to capture your every move, and motivate you to move more!
Exclusively for use with iPhone 5S, Nike+ Move uses the M7 coprocessor to convert your movement into NikeFuel, the first-ever single, universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. No matter your age, weight or gender, the same activity earns you the same amount of NikeFuel.
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move – and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
* Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
* See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
* Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
* See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
* See where you’re moving and where you move the most each day.
* Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
We downloaded Nike+ Move and it requires either a Nike+ account or Facebook login. There isn’t system integration with Facebook so it’s a total pain to sign up, as even if you do know your login you still need to create a Nike+ account password, insert your birthday, country and gender.
Once installed, the app downloaded the data stored on the M7 coprocessor found within our iPhone 5s. The design of the app is clean and simple as it does the job to relay how ‘active’ you’ve really been.
The app is also set to play a part of the upcoming Nike FuelBand SE, coming November 6.
Click here to download Nike+ Move for iOS—it’s free.