Shotzoom Unveils New GolfShot: Golf GPS, Now Freemium for All Users
We reviewed the original GolfShot: Golf GPS way back in 2009 and have been using it since. Just yesterday Shotzoom, unveiled an all-new version of GolfShot: Golf GPS for iOS based on the freemium model, with new features and the ability to make in-app purchase upgrades for Pro features.
The new app is based on the former PGA TourCaddie app (you may have seen the PGA TourCaddie app update and ‘disappear’) and the free version offers the following features:
- Real-time GPS distances to the green on 500,000+ golf holes and 41,000+ courses worldwide
- 3D flyover previews of each hole to help with course strategy
- Ability to track distances in real time for each shot
- Easy-to-use scorecard that allows you to keep score for yourself or entire foursome
- Ability to track fairways hit, greens hit in regulation (GIR), putts per hole, and other vital user stats
- Unique sharing feature that allows you to share scorecards and photos
- The latest golf news and offers, both on your app and in our weekly newsletter, “The Pin Sheet”
For those looking to make the leap with the in-app purchase upgrade to Golfshot Pro ($29.99/year or $4.99/month), you’ll get the additional features below:
- All Golfshot: Golf GPS features
- Interactive real-time distances to all hazards and targets on 500,000+ golf holes
- Personalized club recommendations (based on past performance) of each hole displayed on 3D flyovers
- Ability to zoom in on a target to plan your shots better and save strokes
- Scoring for Skins, Nassau, Match Play and other games
- Includes 6-month subscription to GolfWeek, $20 gift card from GlobalGolf
Below on the right screenshot you can see the Pro feature of interactive real-time distances and club recommendations, which is pretty cool:
If you’re interested in getting golf help, you can make an in-app purchase for “Tips and Drills” ($9.99/year or $1.99/month):
- On-demand access to 175+ instruction videos from certified TOURAcademy Instructors
- Available with Golfshot: Golf GPS and Golfshot Pro
Shotzoom says it has over 1.5 million active users worldwide and Ben Addoms, President of Shotzoom, said in a statement “The all new Golfshot app represents the culmination of over 5 years’ experience in developing golf mobile apps designed to improve golfers scores and their enjoyment of the game.”
What I love about Shotzoom’s golf apps is that they are designed with the help of the pros and seasoned golfers, so you know you’re getting a quality app. Now that the new version is freemium, everyone can try it out at no cost and only upgrade to Pro features if they want to. I can’t wait to try this out on the links this summer.
Click here to download the new GolfShot: Golf GPS—it’s free. GolfShot Classic is still available for $29.99 in the App Store.