Foxconn, Pegatron Said to Hire Over 100,000 Workers to Meet iPhone 6 Demand

With iPhone 6 production said to ramp up for the fall, Reuters reports Apple manufacturing partners Foxconn and Pegatron are set to hire a record number of workers, according to a relayed report by Taiwan’s Economic Daily News:

Hon Hai Precision Industry will recruit over 100,000 people in mainland China to produce the newest iPhone from Apple Inc, Taiwan’s Economic Daily News said, in what the report called the firm’s largest single hiring spree in China.

Fellow Taiwanese contract manufacturer Pegatron Corp will expand its workforce in one mainland factory by 30 percent, also in response to expected high demand for the new iPhone, Economic Daily News said on Monday.

For Foxconn, the hiring spree will look to bring in over 100,000 workers, a record for a single recruitment initiative in China. The report notes Foxconn will make 70 per cent of iPhone 6 orders, while the remaining 30 per cent will be handled by Pegatron. There was no mention whether these orders were for both rumoured 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models.

Back in May, Digitimes similarly reported the same numbers we’re hearing today when it comes to the split of iPhone 6 orders between Foxconn and Pegatron. Earlier in March, another Taiwanese publication, the Commercial Times, cited Pegatron was gearing up its hiring for iPhone 6 as well.

TL;DR: get your wallets ready, folks.