Rogers Says Nearly 1.5M Customers Contact Annually About Wireless Data Use
Yesterday, we told you about an update to the MyRogers iPhone app, which allowed you to manage your family’s data settings within Share Everything Plans.
Today, the company has released more details about how the app can manage your family’s data in real-time:
- The bill payer can allocate the plan’s data bucket by family member, setting customized alerts for each person. The bill payer can change the alerts at any stage of the month.
- When a family member reaches their data alert threshold, that member and the bill payer are notified via text. The bill payer can choose to do nothing and continue letting them use data, allocate more data from another family member or buy data top-ups to keep the family going to the end of the bill cycle.
- The bill payer can also switch off data for an individual and turn it back on whenever they want, at no charge. Data automatically turns back on when the next billing cycle begins.
Guy Laurence, President and CEO of Rogers, said in a statement “Wireless data usage is one of the top reasons our customers call us every month,” revealing “Each year, roughly 1.5 million customers contact us to ask about their wireless data use.”
Customers now no longer need to call Rogers to manage family data settings, but now can do so on their own within the app. The move is being touted by the company as an “improvement to customer service.”
Laurence also shared the top five areas customers wanted the company to address, which they have “now tackled”:
- international roaming
- making the bill understandable
- unlimited home internet
- self-serve through social media tools like Facebook Messenger and Twitter
- data management through MyRogers
How are you liking the updated MyRogers iPhone app?