Koodo Prepaid Launches U.S. Roaming With Rollover Minutes and Data
After launching U.S. roaming adds for its prepaid company Public Mobile this morning, Telus has now similarly added Booster roaming add-ons for prepaid Koodo customers.
Here are the rates for data, talk and text below (via RFD):
- U.S. Roaming Data Booster 50 MB – $5.00
- U.S. Roaming Data Booster 500 MB – $20.00
- U.S. Roaming Talk Booster 25 – $5.00
- U.S. Roaming Talk Booster 250 – $20.00
- U.S. Roaming Text Booster 1000 – $20.00
- U.S. Roaming Text Booster 250 – $5.00
The U.S. roaming text add-on also includes international outgoing SMS, but excludes MMS (requires a data add-on).
These Booster add-ons will rollover or stay active until you use them, unlike Public Mobile, which has 10-day add-ons.
Koodo told customers in its online community forums “a small percentage of customers that may not be eligible to benefit from it just yet,” as a fix is coming in the next 24 hours.
If you want to purchase a Booster add-on, it’s available once you login to your self-serve account online, but it looks like you may want to hold off for a day or two.