Apple Q4 2017: 46.6 Million iPhones Sold, $52.6 Billion in Revenue
Apple has announced their 2017 Q4 earnings, selling 46.6 million iPhones with quarterly revenue of $5.2 billion, with international sales accounting for 62% of the quarter’s revenue.
Apple’s fiscal fourth quarter by device sales:
- 46.6 million iPhones (3% YoY increase)
- 10.32 million iPads (11% YoY increase)
- 5.38 million Mac computers (10% YoY increase)
Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2018 first quarter:
• revenue between $84 billion and $87 billion
• gross margin between 38 percent and 38.5 percent
• operating expenses between $7.65 billion and $7.75 billion
• other income/(expense) of $600 million
• tax rate of 25.5 percent
“We’re happy to report a very strong finish to a great fiscal 2017, with record fourth quarter revenue, year-over-year growth for all our product categories, and our best quarter ever for Services,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.
“With fantastic new products including iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple TV 4K joining our product lineup, we’re looking forward to a great holiday season, and with the launch of iPhone X getting underway right now, we couldn’t be more excited as we begin to deliver our vision for the future with this stunning device.”
…more to follow