Loblaw Launches $99 Amazon Prime-Like Subscription Program for PC Optimum Members
Loblaw has announced this morning its PC Insiders subscription program is now available for all 16 million PC Optimum members.
The monthly ($9.99/month) or annual program—at $99 per year—offers the following benefits
- Free PC Express e-commerce grocery pickup (worth up to $260 annually for a weekly shopper)
- Free shipping from shoppersdrugmart.ca and joefresh.com (worth up to $92 annually for a monthly shopper)
- An extra 20% back in PC Optimum points on all brands of baby diapers and formula
- An extra 20% back in PC Optimum points on all purchases of PC Organics products, PC Black Label Collection products, Joe Fresh products including those from joefresh.com*, and luxury beauty items purchased online at shoppersdrugmart.ca
- A surprise home-delivered box of our favourite curated President’s Choice items
- A $99 travel credit annually, for eligible PC travel services bookings
“What started as a small test quickly ballooned, drawing more subscribers than we imagined, and a long waiting list. Today that wait is over, with an open invitation to customers nationwide,” said Sarah Davis, President, Loblaw Companies Limited, in a press release. “We’ve packaged up the powerful combination of Canada’s favourite products and its most complete e-commerce network for families who want exceptional value and convenience.”
According to Loblaw, PC Insiders testing the beta over the past year “on average received benefits that are more than twice the value of the subscription costs, with some earning many times the price.”
The PC Insiders program looks to rival Amazon Prime, which costs $79 per year and includes free two-day shipping and other benefits, such as Prime Music and more.