NBA and Headspace Mindfulness App Offer Free 1-Month Membership with This Promo Code
The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Headspace have announced a new initiative for NBA fans in Canada to talk about mental health.
Headspace is “the world’s leading meditation and mindfulness app” with 40 million users in 190 countries. A new promotion with the NBA means you can get one-month of the service for free.
All you have to do is click here and enter promo code PTMENTALFITNESS between January 15-29, 2019, to get your free one month of access.
Headspace offers the following features:
-Hundreds of guided meditations on subjects like focus, exercise, and sleep
– Everyday Headspace: daily meditations on a new topic each day
– “Mindful Moments” to keep you present throughout the day
– 2-3 minute “mini meditations” for a quick mental reset
– “SOS” sessions for moments of panic, anxiety and stress
– Sleep Sounds to help you drift off
– Headspace animations to teach you new skills and answer your mindfulness questions
– Track your progress and time spent meditating
– Add Mindful Minutes within Apple Health
– Buddy up and add your friends to meditate with you
– Guided meditations and mindfulness exercises for Kids with sessions on Kindness, Calm, and Focus
– Training led by former monk and renowned mindfulness expert Andy Puddicombe
This free offering is part of the NBA’s support of Bell Let’s Talk Day, set for January 30, 2019. Last year, former Toronto Raptors star DeMar DeRozan and Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers) launched a public service announcement to bring greater awareness toward mental health.
“The NBA is proud to team up with Headspace as we get ready to take part in Bell Let’s Talk Day and inspire even more Canadians to join the discussion on mental wellness and encourage healthy living,” said NBA Canada Vice President and Managing Director Dan MacKenzie, in a statement to iPhone in Canada.
Headspace normally costs $12.99 CAD per month, or $94.99 annually (there’s also a one-time $399.99 option for lifetime access). The app integrates with the Apple Health app and also is available for iPad and Apple Watch, plus offers iMessage stickers.