Readdle Documents Gets ‘FileDrop’ to Wirelessly Transfer Files Between iOS Devices
Readdle has today announced the release of Documents 6.9, the latest version of its popular file management utility for iOS, with a new feature called ‘FileDrop’, that allows users to wirelessly transfer files and folders between iOS devices.
Although most modern iOS devices natively support the AirDrop functionality, the feature has a known history of rarely ever working when you need it the most. Readdle says that its FileDrop feature overcomes all the limitations of AirDrop.
Unlike AirDrop, the FileDrop feature works with any file format and any file size, not only allowing you to transfer multiple files between devices, but also letting you transfer entire folders.
Here’s how you can get started with FileDrop in the latest versions of Documents app for iOS:
- First, ensure that you’re running the latest version of Documents on both your iOS devices
- Launch Documents app on both the iOS devices
- You will see a new icon for the other (second) device show up on a primary device.
- Tap on the icon to establish a seamless connection between the two devices.
- Now you can wireless transfer files — either by tapping the three dots (…) on each file or folder or by opening the file on a device and accessing it from the other.
You can grab the latest version of the app using the following App Store link.
Download Readdle Documents for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [Direct Link]