Amazon Names Fort McMurray ‘Most Romantic’ City in Canada, Toronto 2nd
Amazon has released its 11th annual rankings of the ‘most romantic’ cities in Canada, based on sales data compiled from January 1, 2019 to January 1, 2020.
The newest romantic city crowned is Fort McMurray, Alberta, beating out former winner, Victoria (BC), with the latter holding the titles for the last seven years in a row.
Here’s the list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in Canada according to Amazon:
- Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Toronto, Ontario (new)
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories (new)
- Bonnyville, Alberta (new)
- North York, Ontario (new)
- Ottawa, Ontario (new)
- Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Burlington, Ontario
- Kelowna, British Columbia
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- Calgary, Alberta (new)
- Quesnel, British Columbia (new)
- Cranbrook, British Columbia (new)
- Edmonton, Alberta (new)
- Pembroke, Ontario (new)
- Campbell River, British Columbia (new)
- Prince George, British Columbia (new)
- Kingston, Ontario (new)
- Revelstoke, British Columbia (new)
Amazon says cities with over 20,000 residents on a per capita basis were analyzed to make the list, based on “purchases of romance novels (both print and Kindle editions), romantic comedies, relationship books, jewellery and sexual wellness products.”
This year saw 14 new cities make the top 20, while cities in BC and Alberta took 12 of the 20 spots, “proving west is best,” says Amazon.
The annual list of romantic cities is for Amazon to promote its Valentine’s Day gift shop, along with other sales such as these discounts on Echo speakers.