Lyft Announces New Health Safety Program in Canada Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Ramping up its efforts to protect riders and drivers during the ongoing health crisis, Lyft has just announced its Health Safety Program with new policies, commitments, and products designed to address the needs of its community. The program is now live across all markets, including Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver.
Lyft’s Health Safety Program will launch with the following initiatives in Canada:
Personal Health Certification
Before using Lyft, every rider and driver will be required to self-certify that they will wear face masks or coverings throughout the ride, are symptom-free, and will follow local health official guidance related to COVID-19.
Confirmation from Riders and Drivers that:
- They will wear a face mask or covering
- They will not ride or drive with Lyft if they have COVID-19, think they have it, or have related symptoms
- They will keep vehicles clean and sanitize their hands frequently
- They will leave windows open when possible and avoid recirculated air when possible
- Passengers will not ride in the front seat
Anyone who does not agree to the Personal Health Certification will be unable to request a ride or drive with Lyft.
Additionally, Lyft will provide face coverings in Toronto at no cost to drivers. The company has ordered hundreds of thousands of cloth face coverings for drivers and will continue to alert drivers when these supplies are available.